- This event has passed.
NC Coastal Habitats: Birds, Turtles, and Amphibians Show and Tell
March 28 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Learn about native birds, turtle, snakes, and bees during Oak Island Parks & Recreation’s educational and multi-generational “Show & Tell” event! To ensure appropriate seating, all participants are asked to pre-register for this FREE program.
• Oak Island Sea Turtle Protection Program will talk about how pollution affects sea turtles.
• Sea Biscuit Wildlife Shelter will discuss coastal bird species with educational birds Benson the Barred Owl and Larry the Brown Thrasher.
• Brunswick County Beekeepers Association Bee Observatory and talk on why pollination is important to our community.
• Bald Head Island Conservancy will examine differences between land turtle species.
• NC Wildlife Resource Commission will have live snakes and talk about their habits in our environment.
This program is FREE but preregistration is required. Groups are welcome. For more information, contact Eric Falkenhagen at email@example.com.